The Sydney University IT Society (SUITS) is a not-for-profit student organisation supported by the University of Sydney Union (USU) and our industry sponsors.
We run social events, hold seminars, teach beginner & advanced programming skills, help connect employers with students, and facilitate communication between staff and students in IT.
Be sure to check out our other pages for more information on current events, tutorials and resources. Get in touch to find out more about the society, join for free if you’re a USU Access card holder.
Our mission is to help students discover the joy of studying IT at Sydney University.
Meet the Executive
SUITS is possible thanks to the dedication of its many actively participating members, especially the executive team:
- President: Deanna Arora
- Vice President: Justin Dang
- Treasurer: Bryan Mitchell
- Secretary: Maddie Wagner
- Systems Administrator: Kosta Dunn
- Events Coordinator: Sandy Di Bona
- Public Relations Officer: Luke Tuthill
- Industry Liaisons: Jasmine He and Maddie Jones
- IT Events Coordinators: David Vo and Jackson Sommerich
- Undergraduate Rep: Sophia Kski
- Postgraduate Rep: Alan Robertson
- First Year Rep: Louise Stuart
- International Rep: Greg Ge
- Diversity Rep: Kelly Stewart
For a list of our past executives, see our Past Executives page.
For a description of each executive position, see our Executive Roles page.
The Sydney University Information Technology Society (SUITS) was first registered with the University of Sydney Union in 2007. The society was formed by merging together three computing and Information Technology related societies: Computer Science Undergraduate Society (CSUS), Information Technologies Society (iSoc) and Programming Competition Society (ProgSoc) – focused on providing training for the ACM programming competition.
For a full list of current events check out our Events page.
- Famous weekly barbecues
- Discussion ‘Hack’ sessions
- Board games nights
- Console gaming nights
- Video game Olympics
- Company site visits
- End of year dinner
- Programming competition training
- Movie nights
- LAN gaming nights
- Industry events
- SUITS camp