The Sydney University IT Society (SUITS) is a not-for-profit student organisation supported by the University of Sydney Union (USU) and our sponsors.
We run social events, hold seminars, teach advanced programming skills, help connect companies with students, and assist communication between staff and students in IT.
Be sure to check out our other pages for more information on current events, tutorials and resources. Get in touch to find out more about the society, join for free if you’re a USU Access card holder.
Our mission is to help students discover the joy of studying IT at Sydney University.
Meet the Executive
SUITS is possible thanks to the dedication of its many actively participating members, especially the executive team:
- President: Daniel Dickinson
- Vice President: Julia Wong
- Treasurer: Andrew Campbell
- Secretary: Deanna Arora
- Events Coordinator: Ian Chen
- Public Relations Director: Katharine Russell
- Industry Liaisons: Jasmine He & Jason Liu
- Undergraduate Rep: Maddie Wagner
- Postgraduate Rep: Luke Anderson
- Systems Administrator: Kosta Dunn
- IT Events Coordinators: Joel Aquilina and David Vo
- First Year Rep: Justin Dang
- International Rep: Riya Jang
For a list of our past executives, see our Past Executives page.
For a description of each executive position, see our Executive Roles page.
You may find an online copy of our constitution here.
The Sydney University Information Technology Society (SUITS) was first registered with the University of Sydney Union in 2007. The society was formed by merging together three computing and Information Technology related societies: Computer Science Undergraduate Society (CSUS), Information Technologies Society (iSoc) and Programming Competition Society (ProgSoc) – focused on providing training for the ACM programming competition.
For a full list of current events check out our Events page.
- Famous weekly barbecues
- Discussion ‘Hack’ sessions
- Console gaming nights
- Video game Olympics
- Company site visits
- End of year dinner
- Programming competition training
- Movie nights
- LAN gaming nights
- Industry events